The Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office accepts applications for all positions at any time. If the position that you are applying for is closed, you will be notified.
What you can expect after submitting an application for an open position:
- Submit Application for Employment
- You will be contacted to schedule an Entry-Level Written Exam
- Emergency Dispatcher applicants will also take a computer-based Criticall Exam
- Complete a Personal History Packet and return it as soon as possible
- You will be contacted to schedule a Board Interview
- Background Check
- Upon successful completion of a Background Check you will be contacted to Schedule an Interview with the Sheriff.
The hiring process typically takes 4-6 weeks from submission of application.
Detention Officers / Deputies: As part of the conditional offer of employment, applicants must successfully pass a physical exam, physical capacity profile test and pre-employment drug screen.
Emergency Dispatchers: As part of the conditional offer of employment, applicants must successfully pass a hearing test and pre-employment drug screen.